Sysmex Selected for Inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the Fourth Consecutive Year
Sysmex Corporation (HQ: Kobe, Japan; Chairman and CEO: Hisashi Ietsugu) announces that it has been selected for inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World), a leading global index of ESG investment, for the fourth consecutive year.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes are developed through collaboration between S&P Dow Jones Indices1 of the United States and Robeco SAM,2 a Swiss research specialist in the area of socially responsible investment. The indexes evaluate companies from three perspectives: the economy, the environment and society. In fiscal 2019, the DJSI World includes 318 companies, 33 of which are Japanese.
This year Sysmex has been selected for inclusion in the DJSI World for the fourth consecutive year. We are the only Japanese company in the industry of Health Care Equipment & Supplies to be included.
Sysmex has also been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index for the eighth consecutive year.
Sysmex has identified priority issues (materiality) with a view to realizing a sustainable society and achieving sustainable growth for the Group. Additionally, the Group Mid-Term Management Plan (fiscal years ending March 31, 2020 to 2022) sets ESG-related targets tied to materiality, clarifying the position of CSR activities within the overall management scheme.
On the environment-related front, we have formulated “Sysmex Eco-Vision 2025” to promote environmental conservation more than ever throughout the product/service life cycle and across the entire value chain of our business activities.
Going forward, Sysmex will continue to aggressively promote CSR activities in its aim of achieving ongoing sustainable growth.
- DJSI https://www.robecosam.com/csa/indices/
- Sysmex’s Materiality https://www.sysmex.co.jp/en/csr/management/materiality.html
- Sysmex Eco-Vision 2025 https://www.sysmex.co.jp/en/csr/environment/management.html#snt02
- S&P Dow Jones Indices: A McGraw Hill Financial Group company and a global leader in providing indices to the financial markets. Created through a merger between wo of the leading brands in the business of providing indices: S&P and Dow Jones Indices.
- Robeco SAM: The Switzerland-based investment consulting company that launched this index to evaluate corporate sustainability.
*Information contained in the press release is current as of the date of the announcement, but may be subject to change without prior notice.